Author Topic: Looking for some help? {maketransfer.com malware issue?}  (Read 3563 times)

August 24, 2008, 01:46:47 am
Read 3563 times

JINGOisME

I goto a site called maketransfer.com and recently it has been freezing up my computer, trying to allow for add-on or pop-up "Microsoft Works Imaging Server from Microsoft Corporation (unverified publisher)". I am wondering why would a microsoft program be considered unverified?

I notice while my internet explorer is freezing up the site is trying to access "hXXp://85.255.113.66/a.htm". A little search on that shows it to be malware. Can anyone explain what this site is actually trying to do? What they are trying to, or may even already installed on my computer?

August 24, 2008, 09:01:00 am
Reply #1

Orac

• Special Members

• malwareremoval.com
"Microsoft Works Imaging Server from Microsoft Corporation ()". I am wondering why would a microsoft program be considered unverified?

Who says it was from Microsoft, the fact it says "unverified publisher" almost certainly guarantees its nothing at all to do with Mircosoft.
Its very very easy for something to pretend to be from someone its not on the net, why do they do this, to con the unware into downloading their malware !!!

I think you should post a HJT log at one of the malware removal forums for their experts to look at.

You can either google for "ASAP" and pick the cleaning site of your choice or follow one of these links MalwareRemoval
or Atribune.org or What the tech Please note all the forums are busy so it may take a day or too before they get back too you, also you should ONLY post your HJT at one forum.
Malware analysised using clarified analyzer to record and document how malware behaves in a networking environment